Looking to move your investment portfolio to the care of a property management company? At Lodge City Rentals, our three-step process ensures all paperwork is signed and tenants are secured to get the most out of your property investment.
Step one: Bringing your property to Lodge
If you’d like one of our trusted property managers to look after your investment property, come on in and meet with our General Manager, Jason Waugh. Jason is an expert on property management systems and portfolio management.
Jason will appoint a property manager to manage your portfolio, who will arrange the management authority paperwork for you to sign up. Once this is completed, we’ll set about managing your property, finding tenants, and undertaking our services to protect your investment.
Step two: Finding tenants
To reduce the amount of time your property is vacant between tenancies, we showcase all our properties prior to tenants vacating. This helps generate a larger pool of tenants to select from.
All tenants inspecting your property will be accompanied by a Lodge City Rentals property manager.
To secure a tenant we carry out a number of checks on each tenant including:
- a credit check
- reference check of past rental history
- check for prior tenancy tribunal history.
We will then ensure they pay the rent and take care of your property.
Step three: Managing your property
Once let, the property will be managed day-to-day by your Lodge City Rentals property manager.
They will take care of all:
- maintenance work
- rent reviews
- tenant management
- any other issues relating to your property.
The property manager will communicate with you regularly and be your main point of contact.
Owning a residential investment shouldn’t mean spending your free time sorting out problems. You are more productive using that time to build your portfolio and build your wealth.
We stay up to date with your legal rights and move quickly to resolve issues which arise.
The most common areas in which issues arise are:
- rent arrears
- repairs and maintenance
- tenants refusing access
- damage to property
- general issues around legal obligations.
Representing you at the Tenancy Tribunal
If a problem is not resolved, Lodge City Rentals property managers will represent landlords at the Tenancy Tribunal.
The benefits of having a property manager to resolve your disputes include:
- Knowledge - All our property managers are highly trained and familiar with the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 & Amendments and the rights and obligations for both landlords and tenants.
- Systems – Our in-house management information systems captures the history of the tenancy, including payment history and communications to ensure we are well prepared for the tribunal.
- Training - Our property managers are constantly upskilled and trained on all the latest rules and regulations.
- Experience - When required, our property managers represent our landlords at mediations and tenancy tribunal hearings. With over 3000 tenancies under our care we have a depth of experience in attending these forums.
Get in touch!